Role of Diameter protocol in today’s 3G and LTE networks
In modern networks Diameter protocol regulates many 3G/LTE exchanges and links various network elements such as OCS, GGSN, PCRF, HSS and others. The number of different Diameter interfaces involved in mobile network communications has grown rapidly in recent years thus setting the need in the industry for specialized Diameter based solutions.
Addressing many existing and new Diameter network specifics
Relying on years of hands-on Diameter experience, Opencode Diameter Gateway can solve various network specifics. For example, when carriers are scaling 3G and LTE networks, they are finding new network challenges i.e. parasitic Diameter Gy overload generated by connected mobile devices also known as “Diameter storm”. Proven product track record and platform openness are key assets when looking for specific Diameter solutions.
Example of integration:
- Supports 3GPP architectures and standards
- Interoperability with OCS, HSS, GGSN, PCRF and other Diameter interfaces
- CAMEL-Diameter, Diameter-Diameter, Diameter-other protocol gateway
- Decentralized, centralized and hybrid integration options
- Single Interoperable Signaling Controller unifying different charging services and Diameter implementations
- Diameter service creation add-on
- 3GPP Diameter Routing Agent (DRA) / GSMA Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) implementations